A Liberty Village Favourite, CaFfino RistoranteNeighbourhood | Written on May 11, 2016
Eat, Drink and Be Merry. For anyone who has dined at this Liberty Village staple, those words ring especially true. CaFfino Ristorante embodies the welcoming, homely spirit that’s often associated with family-oriented Italian cafés and restaurants, and Rosa, CaFfino Ristorante’s owner explains on the restaurant’s website that an authentic, Italian ambiance with good, affordable cuisine was an important part of her vision for CaFfino’s design and appeal. For anyone dining at CaFfino, these are a few of the many reasons that make this Liberty Village gem such a wonderful place to have a meal.
At the helm of CaFfino Ristorante’s kitchen are renowned chefs, Carmen Diano and Armand Sadikaj who ensure that dishes are made using only the freshest ingredients, many of which are locally sourced. That gets two big thumbs up in our book! But really, the proof is in the tasting. Their exquisite lunch and dinner menu items are available Monday to Friday and, on Saturdays, CaFfino opens for dinner service only. Regardless of the time of day that you choose to dine at CaFfino, you won’t be disappointed by their incredible selection. When asked for house specialities and recommendations, Armand enthusiastically responds, “it’s all delicious!” He goes on to rave about the freshly, handmade gnocchi and ravioli and incredible resulting dishes. We suspect that they are definite crowd-pleasers.
The lunch menu is organized into five delectable sections: Antipasti, Pasta & Risotto, Pizza, Panini and Entrées, and the offerings are varied, rich and homely.
Craving pasta or risotto? The delicious selection on CaFfino Ristorante’s lunch menu includes:
- Nonna’s Lasagna – A delicious and fresh homemade meat lasagna with mozzarella cheese
- Spinach Gnocchi – Grilled lamb chops on spinach Gnocchi with sautéed rapini, fresh herbs and brown butter. (Yum!)
- La Toscana – Homemade fettuccine with chicken and sun-dried tomato, deliciously made in a white wine and roasted garlic cream sauce.
Entrée items include:
- Tonno alla griglia – sesame crusted tuna steak with a nacho wonton salad served with guacamole. Delizioso!
- Chicken or Veal Parmigiana – Lightly breaded scaloppini with tomato sauce and mozzarella served with penne Pomodoro.
- Bistecca alla griglia – Veal T-Bone steak grilled and topped with a sautéed mushroom medley au jus.
Of course, this is just a peek of what to expect from their lunch menu. There are lots more pasta, risotto, entrée and other selections. The pizza and panini offerings are especially mouth-watering and several menu items are served with a choice of fresh cut fries or a salad! The antipasti dishes include an array of fresh produce and perfectly prepared meat and seafood selections. Are you getting hungry? We are! View the lunch menu in all its deliciousness here.
And if you can’t make it to CaFfino in time for lunch? Not to worry, their dinner menu offers an abundance of equally tempting and indulgent classics. And, as a bonus, patrons can expect to find a few of the delicious lunch menu favourites on the dinner menu.
The dinner menu is categorized into Pastas, Risottos, Pizzas, Entrées, Antipasti and Desserts. Here’s a sample of the delicious choices.
Dinner pasta options include:
- Pescatore – A homemade spinach linguine with shrimp, scallops, mussels and baby clams in a marinara sauce
- Arrabbiata – Penne with hot and spicy tomato basil sauce
- La Salute – Whole wheat penne with smoked chicken, roasted red peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, goat cheese and aglio olio sauce
For dinner patrons can also enjoy a choice of:
- Risotto Di Mare— Arborio Rice sautéed with shrimp, scallops, mussels, calamari, fresh fish and baby clams in a marinara sauce, and,
- Risotto Umbria—Arborio Rice sautéed with strips of beef and wild mushrooms drizzled with truffle oil and with shaved Parmigiano.
The selection of antipasti, pizzas and entrées offered during CaFfino Ristorante’s dinner hours include a host of house specialities, all of which offer the promise to transport you to the rustic villas in Italy with their aromatic, comforting tastes and smells. View the dinner menu in full here.
Beyond the incredible Italian cuisine available at CaFfino Ristorante, their great service, incredible ambiance and stunning brick façade have also made them a popular choice for special events, from family get-togethers to weddings to business parties. They also offer catering options for groups wanting to enjoy their incredible food in a different venue. For convenience, you can also place orders by phone and pick them up in person. Armand agrees that the combination of CaFfino’s wonderful food, incredible ambiance and beautiful backdrop make them a stand out Liberty Village restaurant. He adds that they are always happy to host special events, from weddings to communions to other special events. You can tell from speaking to Armand that he not only loves what he does, and is really great at it, but he is also thrilled about being able to be a part of CaFfino Ristorante.
CaFfino Ristorante is able to accommodate groups of up to 250 people for in-house events and they offer both courtyard and indoor seating options. There is also valet parking available and their restaurant is wheelchair accessible. It truly is an incredible place to host both intimate and large gatherings.
This Liberty Village local restaurant has developed (dare I say, earned) a reputation as a great place to enjoy a meal and a great venue for small and large events alike. It’s a rare gem that has it all and offers it all. For more about CaFfino Ristorante or to make a reservation, visit their website here.
Written by L. D. Moore