Athletes Kitchen Comes to Liberty VillageNeighbourhood | Written on February 24, 2016
Don’t let the name fool you. Athletes and non-athletes alike are welcome at this newly opened restaurant. And for their first-ever location, we have to say, they couldn’t have chosen a better place –Liberty Village.
If you’re looking for great, healthy, natural foods, Liberty Village offers a range of options: from Live Market that offers incredible, freshly prepared dishes, to our local Farmer’s Market that offers an abundance of locally sourced produce to Vibrant Lifestyle, where people in and around Liberty Village can get a host of vitamins and health supplements. Athletes Kitchen truly find themselves in great company. And we really are thrilled to welcome them to Liberty Village!
The concept behind the Athletes Kitchen is a simple one—understand healthy eating. With so many diets, fads and nutritional misconceptions, Athletes Kitchen provides a place that adds clarity to the healthy eating landscape. For them, it’s about learning “what’s really in [your food] (or not), why that matters and how that can change the way you live, function, feel, and feel about yourself.”
Athletes Kitchen offers several meal types and options, and with each, patrons can clearly see if they are: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free, High in Protein and/ or Vegan. The calories from carbs and fats are also clearly indicated for each meal. For persons who prefer to choose meals according to their lifestyle, Athletes Kitchen offers the following categories:
- Athletes – Meals with more calories that will benefit athletes, people with really active lifestyles and heavy lifters.
- Nu-Paleo – These options are high in protein and low in carbohydrates. They include mostly lean meats, fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts. Rather than high amounts of butter, nu-paleo dishes are distinguished by their focus on healthy fats.
- Shredding – As the name suggests, “shredding” meals are intended for persons aiming to shred pounds. They are high in fibre and lower in proteins and healthy fats than the Nu-Paleo option. These dishes are recommended in conjunction with other meal types.
- Healthy Essentials Vegan – Vegan options without the unhealthy fats and sugars and with more proteins than many vegan diets offer.
- Gluten-Free Desserts – Delicious, high-protein sweets made from a mixture of fruits, nuts, seeds, cocoa, vegetables and other healthy ingredients. All of Athletes Kitchen’s dessert options are sugar-free, Nu-Paleo, dairy-free and salt-free.
Athletes Kitchen offers both dine in and delivery services. You can enjoy a healthy and flavourful meal, on site, at their location on 171 E Liberty Street or you can opt for one-time or regular meal deliveries through their online service.
As a part of their “understanding healthy eating” model, Athletes Kitchen also offers insightful tips and information on their FORKED blog. FORKED is accessible through Athletes Kitchen’s website and is also open to comments and questions from anyone interested in learning, sharing or talking more about healthy eating.
We’ve got to say, we’re loving the concept behind Athletes Kitchen. It takes a lot of the work out of meal-planning and meal preparation while maintaining lots of the delicious flavours. Welcome to Liberty Village, Athletes Kitchen! You’ve chosen an incredible place to make your home.
Cover Photo by PointsSports
Written by L. D. Moore