Decor, Design and More at the Toronto Fall Home ShowNews & Events | Written on September 15, 2016
The 2016 CNE has ended, schools are back in session and the Home Show at the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place is around the bend. Is it Fall already? With the leaves about to change and a new season about to get underway, it’s also a good time to think about other changes as well. Are there changes that you want to make to your home or apartment to refresh or revitalize it? Perhaps you’re moving into a new Liberty Central By The Lake Two condo and you need ideas for on-trend décor or pieces that will make your home a more accurate reflection of your personal style. For that, there’s no better place than the Toronto Fall Home Show! Get inspired, get information or just get great items for your home at this incredible annual event, taking place this year from Friday, September 23 to Sunday, September 25.
The short commute from Liberty Village will be more than worth it when you head to the Fall Home Show. For novices or regular attendees alike, this event does not disappoint. The range of offerings and activities span a variety of interests and address every question that you might have about decorating your home, renovating your space or making your home more energy efficient. Does this sound too good to be true? It certainly isn’t.
Here’s what you can expect at this year’s Toronto Fall Home Show:
- Experts – If you’ve got questions, they’ve got answers! For issues ranging from colour coordinating your home to questions about the right lighting, DIY projects or decorating for a small space, there’ll be someone at the Toronto Fall Show who’ll be able to give you guidance. Some of the celebrities who’ll be attending this year’s show include:
Plus, there will also be experts from the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) who will be leading a panel on renovations.
- Design Consultation Sessions – In addition to a very impressive list of celebrity experts, Toronto Fall Home Show attendees will also be able to speak with interior decorators and other designers about design challenges that they or someone they know may be facing. Oh, and have we mentioned that these consultations will be for free! For more information or to book a 15-minute session with an expert, visit this Toronto Fall Home Show webpage.
- Energy Efficiency Centre – Cutting your energy costs doesn’t have to mean that your home is freezing in the winter or sweltering in the summer months. Get tips from Enbridge on cost-cutting strategies that you can implement, take advantage of great incentives and also get a chance to win a $100 Enbridge bill credit when you participate in this Fall Home Show activity.
- Virtual Reality Workshop – The future is now! Well, it will certainly feel that way with this Fall Home Show event! Virtual Reality goggles will give patrons a chance to “virtually” tour the ultimate fantasy kitchen. Pretty cool, right? It promises to be a very memorable experience.
- Colour Block-In – It’s no secret that the right combination of colours can completely transform a room. Well, if mixing and matching isn’t really your speed, you won’t want to miss this Toronto Fall Home Show activity. The Colour Block-In will give visitors a chance to tour an interactive area and see how colours play into small spaces and better room planning. We’re red with excitement!
- Exhibits, Exhibits, Exhibits – There’ll be so many exhibits at this year’s Toronto Fall Home Show that we had to type the word three times for emphasis! No Toronto Fall Home Show would be complete without an incredible line-up of exhibitors to provide product information and lend expertise to your every home-related question or concern. And of course you’ll also be able to purchase or sign up for variety of home items as well. This year’s list of exhibitors is exhaustive and it continues to grow! We think it’s safe to say that if it’s related to home design, renovations, home care, security or home efficiency, there’ll be someone or, more likely, multiple exhibitors who will be have a booth at the Toronto Fall Home Show.
This is really just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the roster for this year’s Toronto Fall Home Show. The organizers have, once again, pulled out all the stops to make this a go-to event for anyone who has a room, condominium or house that they call their own. The conveniences don’t stop there. There will be paid parking available at the Home Show, for $14 and up. There will also be ATMs on site, childcare services, information booths, telephones, restaurants, 24-hour security and lots more. In addition, the Enercare Centre is wheelchair accessible and there will be wheelchairs available on location.
Tickets can be purchased online or at the door. Admission rates are:
Adults – $15.00 at the door or $12.00 online
Seniors (65+) – $13.00 at the door or $10.00 online
Youths (13 – 17) – $13.00 at the door or $10.00 online
Children 12 and under – free
During the three-day duration of the Toronto Fall Home Show, doors will open to the public starting at 10:00am each day. On Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24, the show will continue until 8:00pm and on Sunday, September 25, the show will end at 6:00pm. For more information about the Toronto Fall Home Show, visit their website, check them out on Facebook or head to their Twitter feed. Otherwise, we look forward to crossing paths with you at this incredible event in our area!
Written by L. D. Moore