One of a Kind Fun at the 2016 One of a Kind Show and SaleFun | Written on November 22, 2016
If there were any doubts about this being the start of the holiday season, the recent blast of wintery weather, the local Christmas market and our city’s annual Santa Claus parade all served as very memorable reminders. (We definitely enjoyed the last two more than then first). Now it’s time for another great event! (Drum roll, please.) From Thursday, November 24 to Sunday, December 4, the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place will transform into a celebration of artisans, artists and all things handmade. Yes Villagers, it’s time for the annual One of a Kind Show and Sale!
There is always cause for excitement when the One of a Kind Show and Sale kicks off. There are so many great aspects to this 10-day event that, regardless of how many times you attend, you’ll always be inspired and awed by the amazing talent and diverse array of products available. If you’ve been waiting for the right time or the right event to get going on your holiday shopping, this is it! If you’re looking to treat yourself to a few helpings of something incredibly awesome, (you guessed it) the One of a Kind Show and Sale is just the place. What makes this event so great? We’re happy that you asked!
We’ll start with the main thing that we love about the One of a Kind Show and Sale: everything! The One of a Kind Show really does have it all! There will be artists presenting pieces that have been created in a range of different mediums and artisans who will be displaying and selling items in a host of categories, including:
Children’s Clothing and Items
Children’s Toys and Furniture
Fabric and Textiles
Jewellery – Fashion
Jewellery – Fine
Prepare to browse and shop and have fun! As always, the One of a Kind Show and Sale will also include several special features and displays. This year, there will be several new elements to the Show and Sale, as well as lots of well-loved favourites. Here’s a peek at what visitors can look forward to at the 2016 One of a Kind Show and Sale:
- One of a Kind Feature Display – A (new) display that is all about handmade Canadian items; this display will also be a celebration of 40 years of Canadian made products.
- One of a Kind Silver and Gold Competition – In this case, all that glitters is gold…as well as silver! This feature will showcase sparkly holiday décor and will include a competition with prizes of $500, $300 and $200 for the best décor items.
- One of a Kind Hydration Lounge – With so much to do and see at the 2016 One of a Kind Show and Sale, you’ll certainly benefit from a way to “refresh and recharge” at the SodaStream Hydration Lounge. Visitors will also be entered for a chance to win their own SodaStream!
- One of a Kind Café – Take a five at the One of a Kind Show and enjoy something delicious with your shopping partners at the One of a Kind Café, a great space that will also be equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi.
- One of a Kind Toronto – Toronto, this one’s for you! This display will feature an array of items that are inspired by our incredible city.
- TIFF Shop and One of a Kind Online Holiday Collection – TIFF + the One of a Kind Show is a match that has all the makings of something great! Take home a really cool piece of Canada from this special collection of handmade gifts.
- Canadian House and Home – Get great decorating ideas and items for the holidays and beyond from this great One of a Kind display!
- One of a Kind Flavours – You had us at “flavours”. Perfect gourmet treats and delicious foods from across Canada will be on display (and available for your enjoyment) at “One of a Kind Flavours”.
- One of a Kind Fashion District – The sidewalk will become your runway after stopping by the One of a Kind Fashion District. This feature will include clothing and styles from a host of Canadian designers.
- One of a Kind Green—Locally made and eco-friendly spells win/win in our book! Get eco-friendly items all in one place at One of a Kind Green.
- One of a Kind Visual Art Gallery – You’ll be inspired by the original pieces at the One of a Kind Visual Art Gallery. This is a must-visit for anyone attending the 2016 One of a Kind Show.
Those are just some of the incredible highlights from this year’s event. For the full list of feature displays, visit the One of a Kind Show and Sale Displays and Features webpage. And, in addition to the awesome One of a Kind event displays, there will also be contests, main stage events and demos, activities and more! You also won’t want to miss “Giveback Tuesday” on November 29, a special day planned in support Second Harvest, “TTC Wednesday” on November 30 that offers 50% off the price of regular admission when you present your TTC Metropass and, late night shopping (until 11:00pm) on Thursday, December 1.
There’ll be lots happening at the One of a Kind Show and Sale so head over to their website, visit them on Facebook or connect with them on Twitter for the full scoop. The One of a Kind Show will be open weekdays and on Saturdays from 10:00am to 9:00pm and on Sundays from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Several options are available for tickets, including group, girls day out and late night out packages. Regular admission tickets for adults attending the One of a Kind Show and Sale are $13 online and $15 onsite. For seniors (65+) tickets are $7.50 online and onsite. University students (with valid ID) pay $10 onsite and tickets for youths (13-17) are $7.50 online and onsite. Admission is free for children 12 and younger.
This event has it all: shopping, food, fun, contests, art, a great convenient location (just minutes from Liberty Village) and more! Yes, the 2016 holiday season is definitely here and we’ll be enjoying 10 days of one of a kind fun as a part of it!