Shop Local at the Midnight MRKTNews & Events | Written on February 3, 2016
This Friday, Toronto is dishing up a little extra fun and a little extra fanfare. The Midnight Mrkt is back for another round of late night shopping and, what’s more, it’s happening one, 15-minute streetcar ride from Liberty Village. Yup, convenience is the name of the game when you reside in Liberty Village.
The Midnight Mrkt is a very cool event that encourages Torontonians to “shop local” at an after business hours street market. And it’s definitely worth your while. The line-up of vendors is impressive, to say the least, and there will be lots of food and cocktails on sale because, well, the Midnight Mrkt is taking place on a Friday and at night and it’s a really awesome event.
This year’s vendors include:
- Courage In Violet – Jewellery
- Daily City Train – Handmade Items/Photography
- Facade – Clothing and Accessories
- Fenwick Candles – Candles
- Genuine Tea – Tea
- Heartmade Studio – Jewellery
- Heavenlee Days – Eco-friendly paper products
- Inaugural Season – Clothing
- Inch x Inch – Jewellery
- Knots and Pipes – Jewellery
- Li & Mi – Jewellery
- Lynn’s Lotion – Handmade lotions and bars
- Malt and Hoppy – Beer/Malt based products
- My Frugal Father – Furniture and artisanal household items
- Opalite – Handmade jewellery
- Paper Chaser – Paper products
- Print Vintage – Vintage clothing
- Recycled Threading — Handmade Recycled, Repurposed Accessories
- REvintage – Reclaimed, repurposed and reimagined items
- Suite 407 – Jewellery and accessories
- Tenfed— Clothing (sold in support of combatting adult and childhood hunger)
- Tether and Flow – Jewellery
- Vivid Streetwear – Handcrafted bowties, ties and pocket squares
- Westlake Knits – Handmade, natural knitwear
- Worker Bee Supply – Inspirational prints
- Your Pal Al – Handmade items for the home
- Zulia Toronto – Shoes, bags, accessories and more
And that’s not even the complete list! Like we said, the line-up is impressive. (For the links to find out more about vendors at the Midnight Mrkt, keep reading).
So here’s all you need to know before heading to the Midnight Mrkt. The event runs from 8:00pm on Friday, February 5th to 1:00am on Saturday, February 6th. It costs $5.00 to enter and cash is also encouraged if you plan to shop. Music will be provided by DJ Fawn Big Canoe and DJ Lucie Tic and cocktails and street food will also be on sale from a host of great restaurants and chefs including, Chef Life Toronto, GrubTO, Indulgence Truffles, Lola’s Cloud Organic Cotton Candy and Steambox Dumplings. The Midnight Mkt takes place at 461 King St. West.
Liberty Village, this is a great opportunity to get out and support locally made products at an event happening close to our neighbourhood. If you’d like to keep in the loop about the vendors participating in the Midnight Mrkt or to get any other updates or info, follow Midnight Mrkt on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook. Shop Late and Shop Local, everyone!
Cover photo from fleetfeetvacaville
Written by L. D. Moore