Ten Reasons We Love Liberty VillageNeighbourhood | Written on April 9, 2015
2. The art. It’s seamlessly integrated into the neighbourhood. The BENCHmark program transforms old wooden park benches into public art pieces in order to celebrate the creative present and unlimited future of Liberty Village. There are a total of 18 benches.
3. The dogs! They are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!
4. The architecture. Liberty Village’s is home to some beautiful historic buildings creating a masterfully blending new and old.
5. The café culture. It’s nice to just sip on a latte while reading a book or catching up with a friend sometimes, and it’s a common practice in LV.
6. The Parks. We have three parks right in our ‘hood (with one in talks of becoming an off-leash spot) and a few more currently off-leash green areas nearby.
7. The talented residents. Photographers, film industry people and motivated start-up techies. We have a smart and creative crop of neighbours.
8. The Shops. While we’ve got all the essentials like grocery stores, banks, liquor and beer store and a new Home Hardware within walking distance – Liberty Village also has boutiques, spas, gyms, yoga studios and many other independent shops offering goods from clothing to bakeries.
9. The patios. Liberty Village is home to some of the trendiest restaurants in the city. With those hip spots also come fantastic patios to eat delicious fare, grab pints with friends, and of course people watch from.
10. The Views. Situated just south-west of downtown, we have views of the entire city towards the north and picturesque sights of the blue lake towards the south from the tops of condos.